The Bassac Boat Cruise Mekong
The Bassac II is entirely built of wood in a hull of gáu— sao, the now rare essence of wood used traditionally used for building quality ships.
She can accommodate up to 24 passengers in twelve nicely decorated cabins, each with air-con and a private bathroom, and features a 500 sqft restaurant that opens all around, a large galley, a small office room and 1500 sqft of upper deck, mostly covered.
The Bassac II can take her passengers on cruises up to seven days without stopping, and offers a great flexibility in programming your journey. She also is so powerful and has such a shallow draft as to be able to cruise upstream the Mekong or bring you to your destination regardless of the season, the tide or the current.
- Flag Vietnam
- Class VR-SI, river cruiser
- Displacement 190 metric tons
- Length 105' / 32m
- Beam 25' / 7.80m
- Draft 4'2" / 1.30m half-loaded
- Propulsion 2 Cummins 12 liter atmospheric engines designed for 5000 hours operating a year.
- Navigation Can operate by night and in bad weather
- Autonomy 7 days cruise
Owing to its large engines and specially designed hydraulics, the Bassac II can pull up to 12 knots and go upstream the powerful Mekong, even facing strong currents.
As the Bassac II has a shallow draft, she can go through all the main waterways regardless of the tide.
- 8 cabins in the front of the main deck:
- 6 with twin bedding, 2 with a double bed.
- 2 large double-bedded cabins in the front of the hull.
- Heat and sound insulation in each cabin.
- Air conditioning, private access.
- En suite bathroom with shower and toilet
The comfortable cabins are set in the front of the Bassac II or on the upper deck and well insulated so as to provide the passengers with a good night's sleep even if under way. They are entirely fitted with wood, and equipped as rooms in a good hotel. Owing to a large heat exchanger on the main engines, the Bassac II produces enough hot water for many showers a day.
Restaurant and bar
The 500 square feet at the stern of the main deck accommodate the restaurant and the bar can be completely opened to outside for you to enjoy the evening.
- Upper deck 1500 square feet, mostly shaded.
- The front is fit for sunbathing and rest on sunbathing couches;
- The bar at the back welcomes you for a drink outside as the sun sets.